Sheraton Tysons Hotel is situated in a prime location near two international airports and amidst an endless array of diversions. Less than a half-hour drive from Washington, D.C. and conveniently located near Tyson’s Corner Mall, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and all of the monuments and cultural events that the nation's capital has to offer, including the White House, the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument. Offering a shuttle service within the immediate area, visitors are able to access all of the excitement and intrigue of the D.C.–Northern Virginia region.
Known originally as Peach Grove, the area received the designation Tysons Crossroads after the Civil War. William Tyson, a Maryland native of Cecil County, purchased a tract of land from A. Lawrence Foster. Tyson served as postmaster of the now discontinued Peach Grove Post Office from 1854 to 1866. As recently as the 1950s, Tysons Corner was a quiet rural intersection flanked by a few small stores, and a fruit stand operated by Mr. Tyson, who sold apples and apple cider from the corner of his property. Big changes came in 1962 when the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved the Tysons Corner Shopping Center (now Tysons Corner Center).
Now with over 500 shops, eateries and department stores, including flagship stores such as Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus, Tysons Corner Center invites you to enjoy a complete shopping, dining, and entertainment experience.
Local Area Attractions
Arts & Culture
- Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Smithsonian Institute
- The Holocaust Museum
- Washington Monument
- International Spy Museum
- Jogging and biking trail (0.6 km/0.4 miles)
- Great Falls National Park (8.9 km/5.5 miles)
- Capital One Arena (formerly Verizon Center) (25.6 km/15.9 miles)
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park (25.8 km/16.0 miles)
- Nationals Park, home of the Washington Nationals MLB team (27.4 km/17.0 miles)